Hello, long time noting new here… Well, now we do. This is a in theory working release with a big bunch of new stuff added. Thx to this fact it does not really build all of the tree yet. So be WARNED!
- Updated GCC to 8.3.0 (Colin Finck, Daniel Reimer)
- i686-w64-mingw32 AND x86_64-w64_mingw32 (optional) in one setup!
- Updated binutils to 2.32 (Colin Finck, Daniel Reimer)
- Updated mingw-w64 to 6.0.0 (Colin Finck, Daniel Reimer)
- Updated Flex to 2.6.4 (Daniel Reimer) (https://sourceforge.net/projects/winflexbison/)
- Updated Bison to 3.3.2 (Daniel Reimer) (https://sourceforge.net/projects/winflexbison/)
- Updated 7Zip to 19.00 (Daniel Reimer) (https://www.7zip.org)
- Updated Make to 4.2 (Daniel Reimer) (http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=make)
- Updated Diffutils to 3.7 (Daniel Reimer) (https://gitforwindows.org)
- Updated Patch to 2.7.6 (Daniel Reimer) (https://gitforwindows.org)
- Fixed Desktop shotcuts removal on uninstall, hopefully (Daniel Reimer)
- Updated Ninja to 1.9.0 (Colin Finck, Daniel Reimer)
- Updated cmake to 3.15.2 and made bin folder lower case to make it happy (Colin Finck, Daniel Reimer)
- Fixed Powershell version access rights and bad regex (Daniel Reimer)
Download is here: https://dreimer.eu/rosbe/RosBE-2.2.0.exe
Here another bugfix release
– Removed sSVN command and SVN due to GIT merge of ReactOS code base. (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Flex to 2.6.3 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated WGet to 1.19.4 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Ninja to 1.8.2 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated CMake to 3.2.1 + VS2017 support (Amine Khaldi)
After some russian guy goes on my nerves way too often to ignore him, here a lil bugfix release for the poor minded ppl out there who don’t know how to search Jira for known bugs, applying a fix and be happy with it.
– Btw, it’s not a nice way to go telling everyone that the whole russian community is too stupid to do that which he clearly did more than once by DEMANDING a fix release for the whole “poor” russian community.
– Btw #2, saying that the whole russian communty is not able to realize that a 32 bit OS is not that suitable for development anymore these days is the same thing IMHO.
– Changed ninja to Win32 build (Hello jeditobe…) (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.9.6 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated options to give the user a way to select how to handle the system path var (Daniel Reimer)
– Fixed Bugs:
ROSBE-97: RosBE.cmd should not use %PATH% (DopefishJustin)
ROSBE-112: RosBE 2.1.4 i386 contains x64 executable for ninja (breaks compatibility to x86 hostOSes) (reactosfanboy)
After a long time, here another bugfix release.
– Updated SVN to 1.9.5 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7Zip to 16.04 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated WGet to 1.19.1 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated NSIS to 3.01 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Ninja to 1.7.2 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Flex to 2.6.3 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Bison to 3.0.4 (Daniel Reimer)
– Added experimental GlobalSign Root CA updating to installer for XP users (Daniel Reimer)
– ROSBE-84: SSVN STATUS command reports “branch does not exist” by middings
– ROSBE-88: ssvn create fail by leha-bot
– ROSBE-89: RosBE Updater is not worked properly by leha-bot
– ROSBE-96: Correct SSVN when RosBE installation directory includes a space by Roel Messiant
– ROSBE-105: RosBE-Windows Clean.cmd doesn’t clean most files by Colin Finck
Another new version of RosBE Installer. Mostly bugfixes, but important ones ^^
– Fix BISON regression… (Daniel Reimer)
– Fix 7z missing dll… (Daniel Reimer)
– If no MSVC is used, don’t try to read the registry key to get the install dir of it. (Daniel Reimer)
– First try to auto detect MSVC if you use params like “vs x86” in a shortcut (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.8.14 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated WGet to 1.16.3 + OpenSSL 1.0.2d (Daniel Reimer)
– Reverted to MSYS diff due to popular demand (Amine Khaldi)
– Improved Icons for RosBE-Windows (Jared Smudde / ROSBE-71)
Recent 1blu provider hackings and my site suddently disappearing forced me to some thinking about security. So I decided it is about time to add some https to my site. From today you can access http://www.dreimer.de from HTTPS Link, too and not just that… It’s secure like hell. ^^ SSL Labs proves it! I decided to make https default too. So from now on, even if you hop on the blog from http… the first click on something in there will switch you to https.
Finally a new version of RosBE Installer. Most of the work happened during ReactOS Hackfest in Aachen. Have as much fun with it as I had at making over there ^^
– Updated WGet to 1.16.3 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated 7Zip to 15.06 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Bison to 3.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Flex to 2.5.37 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated SVN to 1.8.13 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Diff to new one from CollabNet SVN build and added diff4. (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated Ninja to 1.6.0 (Daniel Reimer)
– Updated CMake to 3.2.1 + TLS/SSL support (Amine Khaldi)
– Fix raddr2line wrong folder bug (Christoph von Wittich)
– Added Ninja version output to version header (Daniel Reimer)
– Installer now sets BIN folder in real path variable for MSVC users (Daniel Reimer)
– Removed useless settings from options tool (Daniel Reimer)
– Fixed default colors in RosBE (Daniel Reimer)
– Added version to shortcut names due to popular demand (Daniel Reimer)
some news for all ReactOS interested ppl out there. We have a UDF filesystem driver now.
UDF aka Universal Disk Format is a open filesystem which is used quite often for DVDs and BluRays, but you can use it for USB drives, HDDs and even floppies, too if you want. Windows normally does not support it to format a drive with UDF by GUI, but by console you can do so quite fine. Without this filesystem, ReactOS has no way to play DVDs or BluRays at all and thus it’s an important one, even more impartant than NTFS IMO.
The driver is from Alter’s DVD Write Now Package which he licensed under GPLv2 for us. THX very much for doing so.
Problems we had and which were already fixed are:
– MingW-w64 GCC build was not possible
– SEH2 exception handling was missing
– Many includes and headers which are completely unneeded in ROS code base were removed
– Code excerpts for Demo and Shareware versions were removed
– Building for AMD64 and ARM was not possible
Now it builds fine, but is still not really working. This is not only the case for ROS, but also for Windows XP SP3. Thus we produced a bug in there while we were inlcuding the driver or it had a bug in the code base we got from Alter.
I will keep you updated ^^.
Today, after some stressful coding time for him and all the testers, like Mysoft, hbelusca and a guy who does not want to be mentioned, [TheFlash] activated NTVDM’s FPU emulation in the NTVDM BIOS meaning that any app now detects an available FPU in the emulated 486 PC. Before some apps ignored that and just threw the commands to the emulated hardware waiting and hoping for an answer. That resulted in some nice problems due to missing features and bugs in the FPU emulation at that time. But some apps activated an own emulation thx to that (QBasic for example). Even these apps will now use our own FPU. It MIGHT be possible that regressions occur now due to that and maybe still existing bugs. But even in the maybe still buggy state, some apps are really happy about the FPU bein available now.
I was asked to not just add images in here from our cats that died… So… here we are. 4 of our 5 cats left here in here. Sammy (Samantha), Lilly, Felix, and Finja. Have phun ^^